Something Happened Exhibition Reflection (Including Inkjet printing and blurb photobook making)


     My time preparing and experiencing my classes art exhibit was experientially very new and exciting for me. We framed our works and showed initiative by all volunteering to do different things in order to see our exhibit up and running. I got to make the vinyl letters for the exhibition sign and see what goes into placing the different works appropriately on the wall. Inviting my friends to see the works as well as looking at everyone's photobook design choices was a big full circle moment for me. Looking at my two main photography inkjet prints in frames with their own labels next to them took them out of the hypothetical and into the art world which is the kind of thing you need to see as an amateur to start trusting your gut on artistic choices in the future. Overall, outside of my new media in art class I would love to finish projects to this same level even if I don't choose to present them in the end at all.

     In preparation for this exhibitions, we had to do two major printing tasks: a photobook for our photography project and a set of two large 11x14 in. inkjet prints to frame. In making our photobook, we had to learn the application Blurb which helps you format your photos into a page by page style to be submitted and printed. I had mine printed horizontally to maximize the size of my pictures and set my photobook apart to fit my theme of things that stand out. I am going to use thumb tacks in my room to display my book like a calendar now that my project is over. We also had to use the inkjet printing lab to first create 5 practice prints of photos for class, and then two large 11x14 in photos to frame in our exhibit. I chose two that my classmates agreed looked best together: one of birds in the foreground of a large government building, and a second of a camping chair on the roof of a restaurant that overlooks a busy parking lot. I think these two show the way Appleton struggles to fit into the role of a metropolitan area. Preparing for such a large event taught me organization in the world of art where it is easy to be a little less orderly. Taking large events seriously can result in artwork at a much higher level than that of something more relaxed if you don't feel too rushed.

Inkjet Printer https://brainstormidsupply.com/100-id-card-inkjet-pvc-card-kit-with-printer.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In With The New

Cold Milk

My Introduction